Interested in throwing your own “mocktail” party? Here are the recipes for our famous, homemade “mocktails,” Sans-gria and No-hitos, as seen at our Open House on June 15th, 2012. Enjoy!
* 2 cups water
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 cups mint leaves, coarsely chopped
* 2 cups prepared limeade (prepare from frozen concentrate as directed)
* 1 cup lime juice
* 6-8 cups club soda
* Lime slices for garnish
* Fresh mint leaves for garnish
1. Combine water and sugar in a small pot and cook on medium heat, stirring regularly until sugar is dissolved.
2. Stir chopped mint into water/sugar mixture; let stand for 10 minutes. Strain and discard the mint leaves from the syrup. Put mixture in the fridge to cool.
3. Pour limeade, lime juice and mint-infused syrup into a large pitcher
4. Add club soda and stir. (Add more limeade or club soda/water as needed to achieve desired mixture strength.)
5. Serve over ice.
6. Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices.
* 2 cups chilled cranberry juice
* 4 cups prepared orange juice (prepare from frozen concentrate as directed), or use store-bought orange juice
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 4 cups raspberry or strawberry soda, chilled
* 1 navel orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime, sliced in rounds
* Additional fruit as desired (peach slices and grapes are a wonderful addition)
1. In a large pitcher, combine cranberry, orange and lemon juices.
2. Add orange, lemon and lime slices, as well as any additional fruit.
3. At serving time, add chilled soda.
4. Garnish glasses with skewers of fruit (strawberries, pineapple chunks, grapes, maraschino cherries etc)